Meet Rebecca Townsend
Rebecca is a Senior Licensed Psychological Examiner and a Licensed Professional Counselor. She has been working in the field of mental health for over 15 years. Her professional and personal experiences with children, families and couples has led her to complete professional trainings in working with step-family development, couples communication, and parenting. Rebecca also has extensive training and experience in working with military service members and their families. She was in the first class of graduates to receive a Post-Masters Certificate in Military and Veteran Behavioral Health through the Department of Defense's Center for Deployment Psychology.
Rebecca's experience in the field of psychology is vast. As a school psychologist for 11 years, Rebecca has worked extensively with children who have special needs and is well versed in federal special education law. As an expert in assessment, Rebecca offers cognitive, educational, emotional and behavioral assessments.
Rebecca is a listed TN Supreme Court Rule 31 Family Mediator. With her background in relationship counseling, step-family development and being an advocate for child-centered co-parenting, family mediation is a natural extension of her skills.
Rebecca attended Brescia University in Owensboro, Kentucky, where she earned a Bachelors degree in Psychology with honors in 1993. Rebecca then moved to Clarksville, Tennessee and attended Austin Peay State University and completed a Masters degree with a double concentration in Clinical Psychology and Experimental Psychology. Rebecca worked for several years in juvenile residential facilities and developed assessment programs at two of these facilities. In 1998, Rebecca was licensed as a mental health health service provider through the Tennessee Board of Examiners in Psychology.
Rebecca began working as a school psychologist in 2000 and started her studies at Tennessee State University where she earned her Educational Specialist degree in School Psychology in 2006. During this time, Rebecca also honed her counseling and therapy skills with numerous professional workshops and certifications. .Read Rebecca's Blogs
connect with me
- Get in touch with Rebecca about Individual and Couple's Therapy, Educational Groups, Military Culture Training, Step-family Development, and Intensives for couples. The quickest…
- Get to know Rebecca on her Social Media Profiles! She looks forward to connecting with you! If you follow Rebecca you can expect…
Rebecca's Career Highlights
Though it's hard to sum anyone up in a single page, here are a few of the things you may want to know about Rebecca G. Townsend:
Rebecca holds many licences, certifications, and focused levels of experience. If you're wondering what an "LPC" or "NCC" does, here are your answers! See also a few other things you may not know about Rebecca!
- Licensed Professional Counsellor (LPC)
- Nationally Certified Counselor (NCC)
- Senior Licensed Psychological Examiner (SrLPE)
- Tennessee Surpreme Court Rule 31 Family Mediator
- Certified John C. Maxwell Leadership Speaker, Coach, and Trainer
- Trained in Experiential & Psychodrama Therapy
- Founder of Veterans On A Mission, a 501c3 Non Profit
- Founder of SAFE: Soldiers And Families Embraced, a 501c3 Non Profit
- Post-Masters Certificate in Military and Veteran Behavioral Health through the Department of Defense's Center for Deployment Psychology
- The wound is the place where the Light enters you ~ Rumi What if each enlightened moment of our Brokenness was actually a connection of who the Divine…
- Often we find it easier to think our way around things rather than to feel our way through them ~ Mark Nepo I’ve been experiencing some frustration with…
- Fear is a natural reaction to moving closer to the truth ~ Pema Chodron As much as I crave The Light, I find myself hiding in The Darkness. …
Training & Workshop Topics
- Customer Service In Marriage
- Impact of Deployment on Children & Families
- Employing The Warrior
- Municipal Customer Service
- Super Step-families
- Engineering Harmony